Subject: RE: [PartyId "type" negotiation]

Hi,

	I agree with Prasad on this (and do not differ with William as well ;-)).
Here are a few of my observations:

	1.	For all purposes, one need not have full and implicit trust on a
Registry. The point here is, trust only the ones you need to trust.

	2.	In normal circumstances, the content would be signed by the Submitting
Organization and the registry would keep the documents with the signature.
When one receives a document from the registry, one can determine if one
wants to trust the document based on the SO's signature.

		There could be documents without any signature and the receiving systems
can trust or reject the document.

	3.	The Registry does not validate any content. It is more of a central
store, capable of answering queries about it's repository.

	4.	The above are the assumptions (or non-assumptions) for a normal registry
which implements the ebXML specs.

	5.	Having said all these, I can think of scenarios where one trusts a
registry.
		For example, an organization like D&B or some other commercial entity can
have a trusted registry service, which validates the content. In this case
one can trust this RA and the documents would be signed by this RA as well.

	just my 2c.

cheers