Subject: Re: [PartyId "type" negotiation]

Prasad Yendluri says the Registry does not "validate" the content
submitted to it.  Then what's to stop some punk from submitting a CPP
saying he's National City Bank using their ABA Routing Number as one of
his <partyId> values?    I come along, find my "bank" by searching on
the Routing Number, establish a CPA, and then send confidential
information to whatever address was specified in one of the "bank's"
Delivery Channels.

I'm hoping that the Certificate information is enough to verify that who
I think is National City Bank really is - i.e., the CPA is signed by
somebody I trust (the Comptroller of the Currency, maybe?).  If that's
the case, and a chain of trust can be established, then I should be
perfectly comfortable sending my payment orders to ABA Routing Number
044000011 and be assured that they're really heading off to National
City Bank in Cleveland (or ever who their agent is).

In this case, I neither have to trust the registry nor have to verify
the ABA routing number (I already know what it is - that's how I
searched for my bank in the first place).

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.
Dublin, OH USA 43017-3305