Subject: Re: RE: Regarding the Thursday ebXML Conf Call

<David>
> First of all,  you cannot declare binary data as CDATA.<
>

> Technically the way to do this is using UUENCODING  - but that makes for a
> massive file, but doable.
</David>

<http://www.ucc.ie/xml/>
(It would, however, be possible to include a text-encoded transformation of
a binary file as a CDATA marked section, using something like UUencode with
the markup characters ] and > removed from the map so that they could not
occur and be misinterpreted.)
</http://www.ucc.ie/xml/>

<David>
> I think we should ensure these can be handled - since bandwidth is
> increasing
> orders of magnitude.  So five years from now - this stuff will be small
> potatos.
</David>

I agree. And, five years from now we might have many other things improved
(X..., ...). And we hope ebXML will be everywhere.

<David>
> The business need drives the technical solution requirements as it should.
</David>

Absolutely. Many times implementers give solutions (how) without justifing
it (why).

Regards,
Nikola