Subject: RE: COMPLEXITY BIG ISSUE

David says ...
>>>ebXML should be targeted to the ordinary business programmers of the
world, not "people whose DTD skills [an XML expert]<<<

Generally I agree, but for ebXML Transport, I think that once we get a spec
out, people like IBM, Sun, MS etc will quickly provide software libraries
that make using ebXML style of messaging very easy. You will call an API and
it will generate the message in the correct format and manage its (reliable)
transmission to it's destination. For example how many people read the HTTP
spec in order to work out how to generate HTTP messages compared with using
a library of software they can use off the shelf?

The reason we need to develop specifications is so that IBM, Sun, MS, and
everyone else who wants to write the software can do it in an interoperable
way.