Subject: Re: MIME enveloping and Packaging work paper for Thursday con-call.

Hi,

I think it will be interesting to consider what RosettaNet had already done to address this issue. RNIF1.1 also uses a  MIME multipart construct to pack together XML and non-XML (e.g. binary) parts. However the "multipart/related" construct is used and  "content-id" is used to identify and reference the related parts.

I have attached a document that I wrote a little while back, to explain the use of the MIME construct by RosettaNet.

Thanks, Prasad

Dick Brooks wrote:

The attached file is the work paper Nick and I agreed to produce during the
last con-call. Please review and prepare to discuss during the con-call on
Thursday.

Thanks,

Dick Brooks
http://www.8760.com/