Subject: FW: ebXML Transport - minutes conf call March 9, 2000

Minutes of Todays Conference Call. If there are peoples names that are
omitted from the attendees, I'll add them as corrections to the next
minutes.

David
PS Please not changed address and number for Commerce One below.

MINUTES ebXML TRANSPORT CONFERENCE CALL: March 9, 2000

ATTENDEES
In no particular order:
*	Rik Drummond, Drummond Group
*	David Burdett, Commerce One
*	Ian Jones, British Telecom
*	John Ibbotson, IBM UK
*	Nick Kassem, Sun Microsystems
*	Philippe De Smedt, Viquity
*	Dale Moberg, Sterling Commerce
*	Nikola Stojanovic, ebXML Architecture Group liason
*	Tony Blazej, OAG
*	Prasad Yendluri, Vitria/Rosettanet
*	Kit Lueder, Mitre
*	Chris Ferris, Sun Microsysytems
*	Jerry Brown, Sabre
*	Jim MacCarthy, Xi
*	Dick Brooks, 8760
*	Bob Cunningham,  Military Traffic Management Command, DoD
*	Terry Harding, Terry Grough Cyclone Commerce
*	OMG Members:
	- Ed Cobb (BEA, US)
	- Hugh Grant (Cape Clear, Ireland)
	- David Gamble (MERANT, US)
	- Henry Lowe (OMG, US)
	- Jishnu Mukerji (HP, US)
	- Jeffrey Mischkinsky (Persistence, US)
	- Akira Tanaka (Hitachi, Japan)
	- Leo Uzcategui (IBM, US)

Apologies for incorrect names, attributions or omissions - please send me an
email with
corrections.

CORRECTIONS FROM MINUTES OF MArch 2, 2000 Conference Call
Corrected names of attendees:
*	Tony Blazej, OAG
*	Mike Rowell, OAG
*	Chris Ferris, Sun Microsysytems
Missing action item:
*	Nick and Dick to prepare work paper demonstrating MIME packaging
options for discussion next week - DONE

OUTSTANDING ACTIONS FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES
*	Dick Brooks - Definition of EDI transaction for Requirments &
Overview spec - DONE
*	David B to send out skeleton of the specification structure document
- DONE
*	Rik D to contact Bob Sutor at IBM in Dallas/FW to get an PC
projector to use - DONE

REQUIREMENTS & OVERVIEW DOC
*	Rik to get latest copy of Overview & Requiements document published
on the ebXML web site. ACTION - Rik

IETF & ebXML ... & W3C
Rik, Dick and others have been liaising with the IETF and the W3C. No
specific progress to report

JOHN I's ebXML HEADER PROPOSAL
John I had developed an ebXML Header Proposal and walked the group through
it. There was lively discussion on many aspects of it. Agreed to continue
discussion by email. ACTION - Everyone

ebXML OUTER WRAPPER
*	Reviewed MIME wrapper paper produced by Dick B & Nick K. General
consensus that the favored approach was illustrated by examples 3 and 6. In
these examples there was an "ebXML-Header" and an "ebXML-Body" that
contained everything else including multiple MIME messages if necessary
*	Also agreed that it would be a good idea to develop specification
for the outermost wrapper separately from the other specifications.
*	Dale Moberg also said that the W3C multi-media group had addressed
some of the packaging issues around how to refer to parts of MIME messages
from within an XML document. ACTION DALE to post URL to list - DONE
*	Agreed to develop an XML equivalent to the MIME example. Dale M, Kit
L, Nick K, Dick B and David B to hold conference call to discuss. ACTION
Dale M to organize conference call

SPECIFICATION STRUCTURE DOCUMENT
*	David B briefly walked through the outline specification document.
It's based on the IETF Internet Draft structure.
*	John I agreed to re-work his document to that format. ACTION John I

PROTOTYPE
*	Discussed idea of doing a prototype for the Brussels meeting.
*	Agreed the scope of the prototype will be finalized at the F2F
meeting in Dalla in early April
*	The Prototype will require resources from participants. ACTION -
Everyone who wants to take part in the prototype obtain resources within
their companies. (Ed, should we discuss who plans to take part in next weeks
conference call?)

GARTNER GROUP REPORT
*	Group informed that Gartner Group had portrayed ebXML negatively.
Nikola knows where copies or extracts of the report can be obtained. ACTION
Nikola to post link to Gartner Report to the list.

ebXML REQUIREMENTS GROUP
*	Rik asked everyone to read the Requirements Group report that has
been posted recently to the list by Mike Rawlins, so that we can discuss it
in next weeks all. ACTION - Everyone

NEXT F2F IN DALLAS FORT WORTH 4-6 April 2000
*	Rik to approach the Marriot hotel to try and get discounted rates
bookings then post hotel details to the list. ACTION Rik D

BRUSSELS ebXML MEETING
*	Rik encouraqed everyone to book Brussels soon as the the hotels are
filling up as there is another conference running at the same time. Rik to
provide details on the hotel he is staying in to the list - ACTION Rik

FUTURE CONFERENCE CALL RESPONSIBILITY
Responsibility for organizing calls are:
*	March 16, Dwight Arthur
*	March 23, Nick Kassem
*	March 30, Dale Moeburg
All calls will occur at 11AM EST, and last for 1.5 hours.

CommerceOne, 4400 Rosewood Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 or +1 (650) 623 2888;
bmailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com