Subject: RE: Proposal for message header

John

I attach an annotated copy of your Message Header Proposal with my comments.

The use of terms and definitions and some of the structures in your document
are significantly different from the definitions of terms and ideas in the
Overview and Requirements specification. This means we either:
*	re-work the Overview and Requirements specification to conform to
the terminology used in your proposal, or
*	re-work your proposal to conform to the ideas in Overview and
Requirements specification

The whole idea of developing and agreeing our "Requirements" was that we
would have a solid agreed base on which we can develop our specification. I
don't think re-working it would help.

What I think would be a good idea is if I came up with an alternative
proposal based more closely on our agreed requirements document and first
reviewed it with you to try and get some type of preliminary consensus
before sending it to the list. I could probably get one to you for early
next week and to the list in time for our next conference call. I would also
introduce the idea of a "really lightweight" header which could be extended
where it was neccessary.

Is this approach OK with everyone? Or would you prefer I sent my