Subject: RE: Compression (was RE: COMPLEXITY BIG ISSUE)

Message text written by David Burdett

I agree but you could achieve the same result by splitting up the original
file and sending each piece separately using the ideas of "Message Sequence
Number" that John Ibbotson described in the conference call yesterday.

Anyway, ultimately you might find that even a zipped file is too big. Then
you have no option but to split it up and send each part separately.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I believe this discussion has strayed way off base.

Looking at the business function - its the business partners
responsiblity to select delivery mechanisms to get the
business job done that they are trying to do.

The old maxim - design should be idiotly simple, and to really foul
things up - get idiots to use it! -  appears to apply here.

If you really want to ride across the USA on a one-wheel bike there
is nothing to stop you - but we do not design highways for users
on one-wheel bikes.

Point in case Healthcare DICOM images - these are huge 130Megs++
and yes people do need to exchange them - but they do so over
dedicated networks....

DW.