Subject: RE: MIME enveloping and Packaging work paper for Thursday con-call.

Catching up on old email ...

If it's external you can just use a URL, e.g. http://www. ...

If it's internal then, if you have URN (or other GUID) associated with the
message then you can use that to identify the message.

From: Prasad Yendluri [mailto:pyendluri@vitria.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 2:48 PM
To: David Burdett
Cc: ebXML Transport (E-mail)
Subject: Re: MIME enveloping and Packaging work paper for Thursday
con-call.

David,

Assuming we go with the MIME packaging i.e. multiprt/related with Manifest
forming the first part, could we accomplish referring to entities in the
same
message or outside of the message from the Manifest as follows?:

A new attribute "ReferenceType" with values "local" and "external" is added
<DocumentReference> element of MessageManifest. Then if
ReferenceType="local",
we could use the "Content-ID" of the part and list that in a "ContentId"
attribute. If it is an external resource, URI attribute is used as usual.
However, this still does not address how one could reference a part in
another
message (MIME). What would a URN for such would look like?

Prasad

David Burdett wrote:

> Dick
>
> I found the attached document interesting. However I'd like your views on
> how you would refer to MIME parts from within a Manifest, for example in
XML