Subject: Re: Trading Partner Logical Identification based on EDIFACT or X12qualifiers

David Burdett wrote "I *think* the proposal [to identify senders and
receivers by any one of the available EDIFACT or X12 qualifiers] would
*require* every organization to register themselves within an
ISO/X12/EDIFACT registry before they could use TRP messaging."

Then David RR Webber intoned "No, no!  Exactly NOT.  How did we arrive
at this conclusion? Where is William when I need him anyway??

Dear David RR Webber:

Now you want me.  That feels good.

Dear David Burdett:

Practically every company, in the U.S. at least, is marked at birth with
the sign of the Beast. Whether it's desired or not.  We all have DUNS
Numbers - your company, Commerce One (835471095), mine (782501225), or
Ralph's bTrade (802712091).  Even a little dipshit outfit like the
Drummond Group has a DUNS (830820767).  The only one which was not
readily discernible was that for David RR Webber's XML Global; in this
case there's a fallback - the U.S. Federal EIN (XML Global's is
841434313).

Both the DUNS and the FEIN are unique, indelible marks that follow the
company its entire life.  Don't worry about needing one of these suckers
for transacting ebXML;  first, you'd have to get one before you ever got
a bank loan, opened a checking account, filed for an IPO or hired your
first employee.

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Memorial Pkwy.