Subject: RE: Trading Partner Logical Identification based on EDIFACT or X12qualifiers

Nick,

Once we have the Tokyo POC draft done I believe we will address all these
points you are asking.

Clearly its RegReps job to define the Interface API and also the
structure formats - but we are working totally with Core and BP to ensure
we're all in agreement on those formats.  Obviously though those works
are in-progress - so we will clearly finesse this to allow us to manage
whatever final formats they determine on their sides.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by Nicholas Kassem
>Marc, I agree with you. I view regrep as just another Business Process. I
have pushed for the specification of the payload messages needed to
accomplish a registry query - but I'm still not sure there is a clear owner

for this work item.

Absolutely agree. Unfortunately the TA document goes as far as stating that

some sort of an RPC mechanism is required to carry (as yet undefined)
regrep query semantics?!!! So here we are specifying an XML messaging
scheme but regrep needs an RPC (IDL, marshalling etc.) mechanism - I'm
confused. I'm still looking forward to a technical review of the regrep
specifications so I'm holding off my detailed comments for now.

Nick
<