Subject: charset wording

All,

	my understanding is that we strike the last sentence of section
2.4.3 Content-Type "The charset attribute.......".  Change the "charset"
definition with the first sentence as is "charset - a value...." and replace
the 2nd and 3rd sentences with the following

------------start of insert---------------
The charset attribute SHALL be equivalent to the encoding attribute of the
ebXML message Header XML Document (described in section 3). For maximum
interoperability it is RECOMMENDED that UTF-8 be used.
Note: this is not the default for MIME
--------------end of insert---------------

	Finally we need to added to section 3 Message Header that the
"encoding" attribute for the header is mandatory in the XML prolog.  I am
not sure if this should be at the end of section 3 prior to 3.1 as a
addition or if it should be a new sub heading i.e. a new 3.1 with 3.1
becoming 3.2 etc.  I would suggest we make it a new 3.1 as it is important
and a restriction to the XML 1.0 spec.  I would suggest something like:

3.1 XML Prolog

The XML prolog for the ebXML Message header document SHALL contain the
encoding attribute which SHALL be equivalent to the charset attribute of the
MIME Content-Type of the ebXML Message Header Container (see section 2.4.3).
It is RECOMMENDED that UTF-8 be used explicitly although this is one of the
default value assumed if none is specified.

NOTE: The encoding attribute is OPTIONAL in the XML version 1.0
specification [4], however, it is mandatory for the ebXML message header to
ensure no conflicts occur with the charset attribute of the MIME
Content-Type of the container and to ensure maximum interoperability.

An example follows
	<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Ian Jones
E-Commerce Engineer