Subject: RE: ebxml Messaging Services spec v 0.2

See comments inline ...

From: Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2000 7:37 AM
To: Burdett, David

I vote yes, with some small "conditions".

Please add the following editorial comments to the deferred list:

3.3.3  MessageData

Lines 454-456:  The DTD has an attribute on RefToMessageId.  The attribute
should be described here or, if it is spurious, removed from the DTD.  I
submitted this as commment 131, which appears to have been overlooked.

This says ...

<!ELEMENT RefToMessageId  (#PCDATA )>
<!ATTLIST RefToMessageId  e-dtype NMTOKEN  #FIXED 'uuid' >

This is OK because it is an e-dtype. There is a convention for use with DTD
that involves "FIXED" attributes which means that *even if the attribute
value is not present* then the value of the attribute can be derived from
the DTD. In this case the "e-dtype" is an "element datatype". Therefore no
change.

4. Normative References

Line 479, rfc 2392:  Please correct the text of this reference - replace
2111 by 2392.

Fixed. Also changed 2111 to 2392 on line 379

Appendix B, examples:

Comment 161 appears to have been misinterpreted, based on the note in the
following covering letter.  This is not a matter of new examples.  Rather,
the header tag in both examples (lines 758-767 and 1021-1030) has to be
updated to conform to the definition in the text.  Please check that the
description of the comment in the current list of deferred comments
reflects this point.

DONE - see response to Nikola's email

Regards,
Marty