Subject: RE: Volunteers required for standards mapping

David,

I believe EDIINT AS2 should be included. The Gas Industry Standards Board,
with a membership of ~ 250 companies (e.g. Chevron, Shell, Amoco, Enron, and
other big players), has adopted AS2. The Public Service Commission in the
state of New York announced that AS2 is the "preferred" B2B standard for
E-commerce and the Uniform Code Council is sponsoring an AS2
interoperability test between ~ 7 software vendors.

I volunteer to perform the gap analysis on AS2/ebXML.

Dick Brooks
http://www.8760.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Burdett, David [mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 8:26 PM
To: ebXML Transport (E-mail)
Subject: Volunteers required for standards mapping

 <mailto:ebxml-transport-request@lists.ebxml.org?body=help>

In the conference call this morning it was agreed that it would be a good
idea to start comparing the current version of the spec (0.8) with other
similar standards to identify the "gaps". The initial shortlist of standards
were:
*	BizTalk version 2.0
*	RosettaNet Implementation Framework (RNIF) version 2.0

Do we need to compare any others?

Comparison involves reviewing these standards headers and:
*	mapping the header elements to ebXML version 0.8
*	identifying data or elements that are missing and,
*	making a provisional recommendation on whether or not additional
data or changes should be made to ebXML

Now for the hard part !!

To do the comparison effectively needs someone who knows the standard well.
I am volunteering to do BizTalk, so that means we need a volunteer for RNIF
2.0.

If you think that some other standard needs to be compared then please be
prepared to volunteer yourself to do the comparison or volunteer someone
else ;)

Regards

David

Product Management, CommerceOne
4400 Rosewood Drive, Pleasanton, CA 94588, USA
Tel: +1 (925) 520 4422 (also voicemail); Pager: +1 (888) 936 9599
mailto:david.burdett@commerceone.com; Web: http://www.commerceone.com