Subject: RE: Apache/ebXML

Krishna,

Just as an FYI. During the San Jose ebXML conference (long time ago) I did
an informal poll of the participants to measure the level of interest in an
Apache implementation. The response was very mixed. I know that Sun would
be happy to contribute to such an effort but it would need to be done
through a broad-based collaborative effort. Having Sun as the only
contributor to Apache sends the wrong message about what Apache.org is all
about. I don't have a good sense of how many would be interested in
*actively* working on an implementation - do you have any data to gauge the
level of interest in this ? Krishna, perhaps we could start an e-mail
sub-group and see what folks are willing to step up to ?

Regards,
Nick