Subject: RE: Test Indicator Issue

Chris,

I believe there is consensus that people will need a way to differentiate
test versus production message exchanges. It's not clear if the mechanism to
accomplish this will take the form of:
1. a test/production element in the ebXML header document
2. separate test/production URL's for the ebxmlhandler
3. test versus production PartyId's

I do believe there will be a ripple effect, regardless of which option is
chosen. The CPP's and TPA's will more than likely have to indicate
test/production information. Security requirements may be different based on
test/production configurations, including keys/certificates, access control
mechanisms. The Messaging Service service interface may have to provide a
means to indicate test/production for both inbound and outbound data.

I would be interested in hearing the viewpoints of BP, TP and Security folks
regarding the various options discussed.

Thanks,

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions