Subject: RE: Test Indicator Issue

One reason for putting the test indicator in the message header, even if it
is an application entity, is if many applications need that indicator and
if there is something useful that the runtime can do to support it.
Putting it in a common place and supporting it with common code would be a
Good Thing.

Yes, if that indicator is an application entity, its state would have to be
passed via the conceptual interface to the messaging service.

Whether there is a test indicator or not, that conceptual interface is
needed.  I had thought that TRP already has a plan to define it.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center