Subject: Re: TRP spec 0.9a : minor complaints and corrections

William,

Thanks for the careful read of the spec! We'll incorporate these
comments before the draft is released following our face2face meeting
next month.

"William J. Kammerer" wrote:

> TRP spec 0.9a : minor complaints and corrections, based on line nos. in
> ebXML Message Service Spec Version 0.9a.
>
> Line 156:  Avoid free advertising for Dick Brooks, no matter what a
> swell guy he is;  just use a realistic random boundary:
>
>  boundary="----_=_NextPart_000_01C06B7D.22B2B016"
>
> Likewise, on Line 165, even if the example has to be split on multiple
> lines:

> Line 161:  This and every subsequent example (e.g., Line 194) should
> match the version number of the document (unless nothing substantive has
> changed since V0.8?  If so, then explain why the MIME version attribute
> is different from that of the specification).  Line 214 is correct,
> though, if version="0.9" was intended rather than  version="0.9a".
>
> Line 291 Even though version='1.0'  with single quotes is permissible,
> all the other examples of the XML spec version number show "1.0".
>
> Line 314: "complaint" should be "compliant"
>
> Line 494: <PartyId">urn:dnb.com:duns:3210987654321</PartyId>
> What's the double quote in the opening element tag doing there?  If the
> attempt is to show a DUNS number, then use nine digits in the example.
> Or is this to be a DUNS+4 number?
>
> Line 507: Shouldn't "schema" really be "scheme"? As in "identification
> scheme".
>
> Line 549: 8.4.8.2 TimeStamp element.  The TimeStamp element has been
> defined as a "timeInstant" schema data type, one of whose valid lexical
> representations is the ISO 8601 extended format
> CCYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sssZ, but NOT CCYYMMDDThhmmss.sssZ (even though the
> latter is a valid ISO 8601 Basic format)  See XML Schema Part 2:
> Datatypes (W3C Working Draft 07 April 2000). All of the subsequent
> examples in the document (at lines 585, 641, 654, 673, 686, 691) should
> be changed to match the extended format.  Note that almost all the
> examples intend to show the time relative to UTC, so they should look
> like "1999-05-31T13:20:00-05:00".  Either the "Z" is used (for UTC), or
> the offset is used to indicate time zones.
>
> Line 1753: Within section 14.1 Normative References, the "International
> Standards Organization Ref. ISO 8601 Second Edition, Published 1997"
> should read "ISO 8601:2000 Data elements and interchange formats --
> Information interchange -- Representation of dates and times"  Use the
> standard nomenclature for ISO standards.
>
> Line 1761:  The bibliographic reference to [UTF-8] should refer directly
> to IETF RFC 2279 UTF-8, a transformation format of ISO 10646.
>
> Line 1766: Should read "Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Second
> Edition)"
>
> Line 2028: TimeToLive is defined as a schema type "timeInstant."
> Instead, it should be defined as type "xsd:timeDuration" e.g., "PT72H"
> says a time duration of 72 hours, "PT10H20M" says a time duration of 10
> hours 20 minutes, and to indicate a duration of 1 year, 2 months, 3
> days, 10 hours, and 30 minutes, one would write: P1Y2M3DT10H30M.

> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris