Subject: Manifest Element??

This is about the discussion of empty Manifest element in cases where
there is no payload included in the Message or reference to external.
From whatever I could gather out of my brief sneaking in the conference,
we might specify to not have a Manifest element to indicate no payload.

My question, which could be treated as a more general XML usage question -
In the case of a Manifest element being absent, how can we differentiate
between
a faulty header and indication of no payload just by processing the Header
without
having to process the entire message?? If I remember it correct, this is the
argument POC had for not having optional elements.

thanks,
Sanjay Patil
Work Phone: 408 350 9619
http://www.netfish.com