Subject: Re: Manifest Element??

  Sanjay Patil asks, "how can we differentiate between a faulty header and
indication of no payload just by processing the Header ... ?".

  While working on the baseline TRP requirements in Vancouver, Chris Ferris
affirmed to me that you can validate (or compose!) the Manifest element just by
looking at the MIME headers of the payload itself. If there is no payload
envelope or second body part, then there needn't be any Manifest element. This
takes care of half of your problem; the composition of the element.

  Conversely, you can't have a faulty Header simply by leaving out the
Manifest. To use my own implementation as an example: I treat the manifest as a
table of contents for the payloads. If the Manifest is missing, then any
payload attached to the message becomes extraneous, because it is not specified
explicitly. This approach works best because it reduces the preconditions on a
valid EbxmlHeader document. Validity is deferred to the application, which must
ensure that the payloads supplied are conformant to the Manifest schemas. These
schemas are conformant to documents within a business process.

Hope this helps!

--
// Michael Joya
// XML Global Research and Development