Subject: Re: CPA and overrides

As I recall the discussion of "override" from the telecon's of a couple
of weeks ago, the concern was that an MSH not be able to change the
delivery semantics that were specified in the CPA.  For example, a
UDP-based MSH could not accept a message intended for ReliableMessaging,
but then silently use BestEffort.

*IF* we put all the delivery semantics into the ebXML message header,
then this question mostly goes away, because there is no CPA involved:
it becomes a quality of implementation issue for how the business app
tells its local MSH what semantics are required *by the business agreements.*

Requiring an MSH to have to refer to a CPA is clearly a layering violation.

	/r$