Subject: Re: Manifest Element - Where located? - 2

Ian,

Since the "payload" is the perview of the designer of the
business process (and the message content), and since we are
complying explicitly with the SOAP1.1 and SOAP with Attachments
specifications, I don't see how we can preclude any payload
content from the SOAP-ENV:Body element.

IN any event, as long as the payload content is referenced
in the Manifest (as it is intended) then the issue
is moot (IMHO) because it makes no difference as to what and where
the references resolve.

ian.c.jones@bt.com wrote:

> All,
>
>         Here is the corrected version of the text I just e-mailed.  Hit send
> before running the spell check sorry!
>
>         I am concerned about having "real" payload in the body as we then
> have inconsistent handling of payloads.  So, if you have one XML message you
> COULD put it in the body provided you do not need any special characters
> etc. BUT if you need special characters or more than one message what do you
> do? Put them all in attachments, put the first in the body, etc.  IMHO we
> should Keep It Simple, all payloads in the attachments as they are not for
> the MSH it just needs to pass them on and leave all the MESH "stuff" in the
> SOAP header and body as needed.
>
> Ian Jones
>
> Ian Jones
> Email: ian.c.jones@bt.com

begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Sr. Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris