Subject: Re: CPA and overrides

Rich,
First, I speak for the many folks on this list when I say I am happy you
are impressed. I agree, a business context handle is a good thing. I
further agree that it should not be thrown away. I understand there are
concerns with loading security particles into the header. But, in the end,
making the "business context handle" or "Config Info" or "CPAid" optional,
lends itself to scalability, and allows simple messages, perhaps with no
security -- (or perhaps even you will not be able to have security at all
unless you have a CPAid and type),to flow over TRP. ebXML is complicated,
and rightfully designed for enterprise class environments. It is usually a
natural thing to address the "light" issues as things become substantively
understood at the comprehensive level. I still believe the biggest concern
is not if it makes sense, but can the header content and structure be
agreed upon while looking at the calendar.

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Rich Salz <rsalz@zolera.com>@zolera.com on 02/27/2001 01:53:46 PM

Sent by:  rsalz@zolera.com