Subject: Re: Issue: How CPA is used in the spec

If only to have something to vote on for Monday ...  I think that if an
MSH gets a message that is in conflict with the CPA, the results should
be undefined.  The receiver can return an error, ignore the conflict,
accept the override, or invoke a remote HCF (halt and catch fire)
instruction on the sender.

So my suggested wording for section 8.5.3 (on the CPAId element) after
line 438 is:

"The values for the reliable messaging parameters are determined by
appropriate elements from the CPA identified by the CPAid. If a receiver
determines that a message is in conflict with the specified CPA, the
results are undefined. Therefore, senders SHOULD NOT generate such
messages unless they have prior, out-of-band knowledge about the
receiver's behavior."