Subject: Re: COMMENTS/CORRECTIONS to V0.98

Hmmmm.
My view is that TRP is a "TRP-SWAProfile". Meaning, a specific way to
conform and use SWA. Hopefully there will not be more SWAProfiles, like
some RNIF-SWAProfile or something.

That said,
>True, but I might want to divert different messages to
different processors based on other arbitrary aspects
of the messages received, such as my different Service(s)
to which they pertain.

Assuming those messages will be SWA-based, the question then becomes are
those Services you speak of TRP-SWAProfile aware? If they are, some first
order of detection is needed to switch to the correct SWAProfile aware
Service handlers, and are we defining that to be SOAP Action? No wonder you
question if the use of SOAP Action is not throught through -are we setting
precedence for SWAProfile detection?

Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com> on 03/27/2001 04:32:46 PM

To:   Ebxml <ebxml-transport@lists.ebxml.org>
cc:

True, but I might want to divert different messages to
different processors based on other arbitrary aspects
of the messages received, such as my different Service(s)
to which they pertain.

Constraining the value of SOAPAction to a single required
value (implied by MUST) would prevent my doing so.

If we can agree to tone down the REQUIRED use of a URI
that means ebXML and suggest that implementations MAY use
a value such as "uri:ebxml.org/messageService" then I would
be comfortable.

It isn't at all clear to me that SOAPAction has been necessarily
clearly thought through. Yes, it may be a valuable mechanism
for diverting traffic to appropriate processors, but so is
the namespace qualified element content of the SOAP-Env:Header
and SOAP-Env:Body.

My $0.02,

Chris