Subject: RE: ebXML TA: removing Section 9.0, Open-edi

I have to agree with David on this one. The BOV and FSV concepts are used
quite extensively in the BP Collaboration Modeling Metamodel and UML Profile
document.

--Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: David RR Webber [mailto:Gnosis_@compuserve.com]
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 2:24 PM
To: Jeff Suttor
Cc: ebxml-architecture@lists.ebxml.org

Message text written by Jeff Suttor

I recomend that we remove Section 9.0, Open-edi.

This is an ebXML arch doc, it just seems out of place to devote so much
upfront
presentation to Open-edi.

>From: Brian Eisenberg <BrianE@DataChannel.com>
>We use the open-edi section to set the stage for the discussion that
>explains the ebXML architecture in terms of the BOV and FSV. This section
>also provides some background discussion on how ebXML differs (and draws
>upon the successes/failures) of past edi efforts.

Section 10.0 ebXML Architecture already starts out with the BOV & FSV.  Do
they
need to cover more?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Jeff,

I considered this too - early on, but decided it should stay.

From the point of view of BOV and FSV we do need to explain where this
comes from.
We cannot just launch into this from out of nowhere.

BOV and FSV is unknown to most people.   'Wasting' one page on setting the
scene is a small price here.

I say we keep it in.  Many, many, many more people than the in-group
building this
are going to read this document.  We owe it to them to make it flow
coherently.

Thanks, DW.