Subject: RE: (Per Mark Hale),RE: ebXML in W3C? and OASIS Business Transactiongroup

Mark,

Jamie Clark replied (I thought to you) that your appointed time
was ok with him.  You can count me in as well.  I'm copying
the BP list again on this message to see what they think.

Dave Welsh has been carrying on some conversations with
BTP members, and it looks like some of the overlaps and
issues may becoming more clear.

One issue that has not been clear is that the BPSS is not
the whole story on transactions from ebXML-BP. There are
also the business transaction patterns from UN/CEFACT
Modeling Methodology (UMM), which the BPSS refers
to and depends on.  These patterns make transactions
declarative from the business user's point of view.
Some of us want to do the same thing at the ebXML-BP
Collaboration level, that is, choreographed groups of
transactions.  (By "the same thing" I mean define
declarative business collaboration patterns like
commitment-fulfillment.)

My impression is that the BTP group has some good ideas
that are probably compatible with the ebXML-BP transaction
and collaboration patterns, but that the overlaps must be
faced and reconciled.

Regards,
Bob Haugen