Subject: RE: Party XML Schema Defintions

I do not think that the scenarios that Duane and Martin foresse actually
would be of wide use except than in very specific situations where the SME
has no infrastructure at all (i.e. they do not have any form of application
which currently helps them tracking and doing their work) and if the
BusinessProcess is very very trivial.

If an SME simply has a small application using FoxPro or Access, it has an
application (legacy) that is currently used. I do not think that it will be
viable to avoid to link such application with the possibility of running
ebXML Conversations. SME would not enter twice the same PO !

Also, there is the "problem" of the Business Process (and of the CPA). In a
first approximation, the ebXML software could simply deal with the
sending/receving of XML documents; but, I think, it will be also required to
have some software which manages the conversation, i.e. helps the SME to
executing the Business Process that has been agreed with the other party.
Leaving the process management completely to human activity would not be of
great help. (Here I am not saying that the process MUST ALWAYS be automated
and no human intervention is required. But that a support for ensuring that
the Business Process is run accordingly to the CPA is something that users
will need).

In this context, even if I do not have an already existing application to
interface with ebXML, I think that a solution composed by XML/XSLT would be
viable only if the BP is very trivial (I do not think that XSLT could be
used also for that).

/Stefano