Subject: FW: Jon Bosak's suggestion that xCBL be adopted as the ebXML BusinessDocument framework

posted on behalf of Sue Probert....

</karl>

-----Original Message-----
From: Probert, Sue [mailto:Sue.Probert@commerceone.com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 12:01 PM
To: 'stuart.campbell@tieglobal.com'
Cc: 'Karl Best'; 'Jon Bosak'
Subject: RE: Jon Bosak's suggestion that xCBL be adopted as the ebXML
Business Document framework

Hi Stuart

Unfortunately the ebXML list servers still do not accept messages from my
'new' email address so I am sending this to you directly for now.

I wonder if your xCBL comments are made about version 2.0 or version 3.0?
The situation is that xCBL 30 was developed jointly between SAP and Commerce
One during the second half of last year. Since mid December 2000 the whole
technical content of xCBL30 has been published on the open web-site
xCBL.org.

The version 3.0 development project encompassed consideration of several
existing XML implementation standards including Rosettanet and OBI etc.,
both UN/EDIFACT and X12 community implementation standards including EANCOM,
AIAG, ITIGG etc etc. not to mention R/3 interfacing.

This obviously represents a lot of technical investment and SAP and Commerce
One have simply offered this work to the ebXML follow-on group as a starting
point if it proves to be of interest. Of course, this technical information
is already available openly but what both companies have also offered is
some commitment to play a part in supporting the work i.e. to provide links
to the joint development team itself.

regards

Sue

PS Karl please could you post this message on to the ebXML core list server
for me, thanks.

Sue Probert
Director, Document Engineering
Commerce One