Subject: Re: What do people really expect from ebXML? -CoreComponents-Transactions!

William:

	Shy! I don't think we have ever met face-to-face but I don't get
the impression you were ever shy |-).

	I have had my head in the trenches lately and haven't had an
opportunity to read much less communicate my thoughts on ebXML
initiatives.  I have mostly deleted messages.  However, that this thread
does interest me.  Some of the groups that I work with are confused about
how ebXML can help them, if at all.

	ebXML, in my mind, has taken on a totally different turn from the
original concept.  When an individual wanting to learn and understand
ebXML is told to go read the public documents to get an understanding of
exactly what ebXML is all about, there is something conceptually wrong
with this approach. For many years I worked in S&E User Support and found
it totally rude when colleagues would say RTFM.  Basically, this is what
we are saying to individuals wanting to understand ebXML.

	There are currently over 20 documents available for public review (this
doesn't include the ones that haven't been approved for public review).
Is there anyone who has time to sit down an read 20 different documents on
ebXML and work enough to feed their family?  I don't!

	David Lyons specifically asked 'where are the messages' in core
components.  In my mind this is the same as asking 'where is the beef'.

	It has also been said that the 'world doesn't need another
purchase order'.  No the world needs a 'common' purchase order, as well as
world peace and a cure for world hunger.  ebXML can solve the 'common
purchase order' but they can't create world peace, as well as a cure for
world hunger.

	After the Orlando meeting, it was my understanding that core
components would develop a set of core components that could be used in
'common messages'.

	Just my 2 cents worth.

Betty

Betty Harvey                         | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |
harvey@eccnet.com                    | Washington,DC SGML/XML Users Grp