Subject: Re: One potential XML mapping for ebXML Core Components

Martin,

Thank you for catching what turns out to be a set of bugs in the schema.  Indeed, when a minOccurs=0 is not specified for an element, XML implicitly requires at least one instance of the element.  (And if maxOccurs is not defined to be greater than 1, no more than one instance of an element is allowed.)  In the next revision I will make all the bounds defined in the CC Data Dictionary explicit in the CC XML Schema to remove any confusion and ease future discussion of mandatory/optional issues.

Brian

--
Brian D. Handspicker
Engineering Director
Foliage Software Systems, Inc.

bhandspicker@foliage.com
1-781-993-5500
www.foliage.com
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2001 5:25 AM

Brian,
    These components look good.  I do have some reservations as to what is mandatory.  Using the usual horrible example - Party, I can see that the Address details are mandatory but in some cases where the transactions are part of an existing set, repeating all this information seems heavy.  Is there a plan to allow people to apply their own rules on these items.

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BTexact Technologies
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com
tel: +44(0) 1473 643775
fax: +44(0) 1473 646668

pp Columba House Rm123, Adastral Park, Martlesham, Ipswich IP5 3RE, UK

    BTexact Technologies is a trademark of British Telecommunications plc
    Registered office: 81 Newgate Street London EC1A 7AJ
    Registered in England no. 1800000

    This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications plc which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.