Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] RE: OASIS Members to Develop Universal BusinessLanguage

Kremena Gotcheva wrote <snipped>:

> However (to further stir the dirt), it arises another question: where to
> look (except in this list, of course) in order not to miss the continuation
> of the story? Are there, beside the trivial answers CEFACT and OASIS, other
> good digests/mailing lists on the topic?

That's a tough one to answer.  Your best way to get "the continuation of the
story" would be to get involved in the various efforts as an insider.  You will
still probably not get the full story, but more than you would otherwise.  The
next best bet is to get information from someone who is an insider, perhaps via
this list.

> Links to publications?

I would not rely on any publications or trade journals for information.  Most
of what I've seen reported is either inaccurate, over summarized, over hyped,
over dramatized about potential conflict, or all of the above.

> Parties
> involved/related? Industries behind each side?

As a very general rule (at the risk of over generalization) CEFACT (at least
EWG) has been more representative of the user community while OASIS has been
more representative of vendors.  I see a bit of that in the UBL TC and from
what I know of the ebTWG (as an outsider).

> The newcomer, after all,
> wishes to know which standard(s) to stick to,

As do the rest of us!

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com