Subject: RE: [ebxml-dev] Discovery

Thank you for the update Peter.
Although surprised, I would imagine that if the SourceForge project is
successful, Apache would be more willing to accept this as a contribution.
It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Scott Nieman
Practice Director - eIntegration
Synchromesh Consulting
952.352.5889

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Kacandes
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org; scott.nieman@synchrocon.com
Sent: 12/4/01 5:44 PM

>From: "Nieman, Scott" <scott.nieman@synchrocon.com>
>Subject: [ebxml-dev] Discovery

>1) every web site could have an ebXML registry - ideally part of the
>everyday plumbing (I am happy that apache is taking this on),

I do not think that Apache is doing any work in this area. A proposal
for an
open source ebXML reg/rep was offered to them, but they chose not to
accept it
at this time.

The project is now getting started at SourceForge (ebxmlrr), but is not
quite
yet ready for prime time. While much of the source code is there, some
things
have to get worked out before there will be a downloadable build
available.

Stay tuned.

regards

pk

Peter Kacandes

Sr. Product Manager, Java XML APIs	phone number: 	408 276 7139,
X17139
Java Software Products 			email:	peter.kacandes@sun.com