Subject: [ebxml-dev] Running ebXML on a chip...

Mike,

> My point exactly.  What's your background David?  Is it business or is
> it technical?

It's both. I've worked as a Business Analyst and a Technologist. Now I'm
a Product Manager. I develop Technology products for business.

> If it were the latter, I think you would immediately know
> the difference between TCP/IP source code and software on CD-ROM vs.
> functionality that is physically burned onto a chip.

I have one of these kits. You develop on the PC with the development kit
and when you have a program written you upload it to the chip to run it.

Did I ever say that ebXML has to be "burnt" on a chip ? No. All I said
was that it could *run on* a chip. The way the program is stored on the
chip is entirely irrelevant. These days, eproms are a bit out of fashion.
Flash
ram is much more popular.

> Then again, maybe we just have a different understanding about what "on
> a chip" means.

Yeah, maybe you're talking about potato chips...

David Lyon
Product Manager
Global TradeDesk Exchange