Subject: [ebxml-dev] IBM's IP statement to OASIS

Title: IBM's IP statement to OASIS

Hi,

I have seen that IBM has responded that there will not charge for the two patents.

Does this mean that this will only be the case if an implementation is "ebXML compliant" or is this just a general statement for the market?  Any clarity?

Thanks,
Sean

Sean Lockhead
Product Manager, Global Synchronization System
UCCnet
Princeton Pike Corporate Center
1009 Lenox Drive, Suite 115
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
P: (609) 620 - 4645
F: (609) 620 - 4601
E: slockhead@uccnet.org
U: http://www.uccnet.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Martin W Sachs [mailto:mwsachs@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 6:52 PM
To: ebxml-cppa@lists.oasis-open.org; ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org;
ebtwg@lists.ebtwg.org

Here is the official IBM response to the recent discussions of IBM's
intellectual property disclosure to OASIS, authorized by Bob Sutor.

IBM will not charge royalties for either of the two patents mentioned in
the declaration.  Bob asked me to point out that IBM did follow OASIS IP
policy and therefore will not need to amend the declaration.

I want to thank everyone for their input to the discussions.  A number of
the points raised were significant in the IBM discussions leading to this
resolution.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
P. O. B. 704
Yorktown Hts, NY 10598
914-784-7287;  IBM tie line 863-7287
Notes address:  Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM
Internet address:  mwsachs @ us.ibm.com