Subject: RE: AW: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core Components ...

Klaus,

Maybe I'm real dense on this....but your comment about on-hand/on-order
doesn't at all relate to orders received from a customer. These concepts
relate to what you are buying from your supplier.

Now, if you receive a PO from a customer, you would fulfill the order by
first checking inventory availability, allocating available inventory to the
customer order, creating a pick-list, shipper, etc., decrementing inventory,
inputting any ship-adjusts to account for actual inventory being out of sync
with your inventory database, creating an invoice back to the customer, and
then applying payment to the open receivable.

So, my point re QB....can it **receive** a PO from a customer and then take
care all of the above tasks required for the PO-to-Payment process including
the necessary documents (ideally relevant to our discussion, electronic
business messages in a standard format)?

It doesn't appear to be that QB is quite there on this entire process. And
of course, if you're in the service business, fergettaboutit!

Rachel

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaus-Dieter Naujok [mailto:knaujok@attglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2002 4:29 PM
To: ebxml-dev@lists.ebxml.org
Subject: Re: AW: [ebxml-dev] RE: [EDI-L] Article on ebXML Core
Components ...

On 4/25/02 1:42 PM, "Rachel Foerster" wrote:

> Yes, but Klaus....the screen shot you pointed to looks like QB is letting
> the user create a PO **to** its vendor....not **receiving** a PO from a
> **customer**.....a big difference, I think you'll agree.

"QuickBooks shows you what's on hand and what's on order. Inventory reports
show you stock status, open purchase orders and more, all at-a-glance."

Taken from:

http://www.quickbooks.com/products/premier/features-all.html

As you can see from that, it does allow "you" to create PO you have
"received from your customers"!!! I understand this it is not what service
oriented business need. However, it does show that the statement made by MR
is false.

Klaus

--
Klaus-Dieter Naujok             UN/CEFACT/eBTWG & TMWG Chair
IONA Technologies, Santa Clara, CA, Chief Scientific Officer