Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] New WSCI spec competes with BPSS....

 Todd says:

 > ebXML has some of the best scientists in the world, they have
> already been through BPML and punctured some logical
> holes in it.  And probably learned some useful things from it.

Who's punctured logical holes in BPML?
Let's not start any new standards-group-marketing rumors.

The relationships between these groups are strange.
BPSS and other ebXML+eBTWG projects have had
high-quality participation from some people in both
BPML and BTP.  To name two, Jean-Jacques Dubray
of BPML and Tony Fletcher of BTP.  We've had some
mutually-respectful conversations pointing to the strengths
and fitness for use of each spec.  That is, each of them
has particular best use-cases. Some of them could
play together nicely. We can actually think about it together
somewhat scientifically.

Then you get the would-be marketroids
from all of the groups who just want to diss
"the competition".  Or "kill BPSS".

We need Scott Adams to come up with a new
Dilbert character for these guys.

-Bob Haugen