Subject: Re: [ebxml-dev] gorilla hair vs. beach balls

I wholeheartedly agree. In my view, there is a definitive need for a
paper targeted at business people. A requirements document is just not
enough, since, among other things, it doesn't speak business people's
language. For example, I cannot see what a manager of a Chamber of
Commerce & Trade or an industry consortium, who would be ideally suited
to relay the message to numeous business people, could gain from a
requirements document or a technical architecture document.

Business collaboration is a strategic issue and has to do with aligning
IT with business. Therefore, a paper needs to unfold how ebXML fits in
with the business environment and talk about a clear-cut ROI proposition.

To me, the biggest obstacle at this time seems to be that few business
people seem to know about ebXML at all. This, at least, is my experience
from talking to business people. While commercial software vendors are
committed to spending two or three times more money for marketing &
sales than for R&D, the ebXML marketing effort seems to be minimal.

Regards,
Dieter

--

Dieter E. Jenz