[Clarification] Re: ebXML Registry --- can work as distributed registries?

I should clarify that my posting below was intended as a comment on this
thread in general, not as a reply to Mark Crawford's posting (I simply
hit "reply all").

Kind Regards,
Joe

Chiusano Joseph wrote:

> I for one am a big believer in freedom of the press, as Mike is
> representing his own personal opinion rather than an official opinion of
> OASIS. I personally feel that Mike has done due diligence by placing the
> date at the bottom of each piece, and that anyone reading them should
> take this into account. I personally do not feel that Mike is under any
> obligation (not saying that anyone implied that he was) to make any
> changes whatsoever to his site.
>
> Kind Regards,
> Joe
>
> "CRAWFORD, Mark" wrote:
> >
> > This seems like apretty heavy burden to levy on Mike- tantamount to
asking for an independent validation of the specs. Isn't that a function
of the ebXMLIIC TC?
> > Mark Crawford
> > Research Fellow - LMI XML Lead
> > W3C Advisory Committee, OASIS, RosettaNet Representative
> > Vice Chair - OASIS UBL TC & Chair Naming and Design Rules Subcommittee
> > Chair - UN/CEFACT XML Syntax Working Group
> > Editor - UN/CEFACT Core Components
> > ______
> > Logistics Management Institute
> > 2000 Corporate Ridge, McLean, VA 22102-7805
> > (703) 917-7177   Fax (703) 917-7481
> > Wireless (703) 655-4810
> > mcrawford@lmi.org
> > http://www.lmi.org
> > "Opportunity is what you make of it"

I'll
> > think about it.
> >
> > Cheers,

> > To subscribe or unsubscribe from this list use the subscription
manager:
> > <http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/>

The