Re: interoperability

One does not need to use any part of the ebXML framework in order to
take advantage of UBL.

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World

Bryan Rasmussen wrote:

> Hey,  in the report I'm writing I noted the concerns of Mike Rawlins
> vis-a-vis interoperability but went on to make the following argument
>
> "interoperability issues have been vigorously addressed by the ebXML
> community, via the OASIS Implementation, Interoperability and
Conformance TC
> <http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-iic/> , interoperability
tests
> are regularly conducted by the Drummond Group (recent results here:
> <http://www.ebusinessready.org/pr_ebxml.html> )  the European
> Interoperability ebXML - Pilot Project (located here

<http://www.cenorm.be/cenorm/businessdomains/businessdomains/isss/activity
/e

<http://www.idealliance.org/papers/dx_xmle03/html/abstract/02-06-01.html>
> ), the search for interoperability in the ebxml community seems
determined
> by governmental and non-vendor organizations who have an interest in
> assuring interoperability for all vendors, whereas in the Web Services
> community, as exemplified by WS-1 one could argue that interoperability
is
> undermined by vendors comprising the standards organization, and thereby
> using it as a political tool against competing vendors. "
>
> which I don't know how others see it but standing outside it does look
to me
> that ebXML's search for interoperability is more serious than that of
the
> WS-1 group.
>
> Then I make the following statement:
> "Interoperability is further enhanced by relying on UBL for providing
the
> Common Expression, perhaps also Common Vocabulary. "
>
> Which statement might be BS caused by my particular focus, i.e. we have
UBL,

--
Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano