interoperability

Hey,  in the report I'm writing I noted the concerns of Mike Rawlins
vis-a-vis interoperability but went on to make the following argument

"interoperability issues have been vigorously addressed by the ebXML
community, via the OASIS Implementation, Interoperability and Conformance
TC
<http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ebxml-iic/> , interoperability tests
are regularly conducted by the Drummond Group (recent results here:
<http://www.ebusinessready.org/pr_ebxml.html> )  the European
Interoperability ebXML - Pilot Project (located here
<http://www.cenorm.be/cenorm/businessdomains/businessdomains/isss/activity
/e
bxml_interop.asp> xml 2003 presentation abstract
<http://www.idealliance.org/papers/dx_xmle03/html/abstract/02-06-01.html>
), the search for interoperability in the ebxml community seems determined
by governmental and non-vendor organizations who have an interest in
assuring interoperability for all vendors, whereas in the Web Services
community, as exemplified by WS-1 one could argue that interoperability is
undermined by vendors comprising the standards organization, and thereby
using it as a political tool against competing vendors. "

which I don't know how others see it but standing outside it does look to
me
that ebXML's search for interoperability is more serious than that of the
WS-1 group.

Then I make the following statement:
"Interoperability is further enhanced by relying on UBL for providing the
Common Expression, perhaps also Common Vocabulary. "

Which statement might be BS caused by my particular focus, i.e. we have
UBL,
if we go to ebXML we will have it to support our UBL transactions etc.

Anyway if anyone has any particular hard commentary on these statements I
would welcome them.