Subject: ebXML PoC -- feedback to working groups

All,

At our post-PoC planning meeting in Tokyo, I was asked to coordinate the
feedback from the PoC team to the various working groups.

Let me summarize what I have heard so far:
*	the lack of precise specifications for multi-hop messaging caused
some confusion; in particular, acknowledgements cannot currently be sent
back to the original sender using the path (through the hub) that the
original message took, but rather, the acknowledgement is sent back directly
to the sender: the reason is that there is no place in the header to keep
that information; furthermore, there are various interpretations as to what
the acknowledgement should convey, i.e., received at the next hop, or
received at the final destination;
resolution: this has been brough to the attention of the TR&P working group,
which is currently taking on the specifications for multi-hop messaging;
*	optionality is a problem: some of the fields in the header are
specified as optional (e.g. RefToMsgId (sp?)); optionality greatly decreases
the likelihood of out-of-the-box interoperability;
resolution: this has been brought to the attention of the TR&P woking group;
they will look carefully at all of the fields (current and future) that are
optional;
*	default values can be a problem:
resolution: the TR&P group suggested that we look at the latest spec (0.8),
as the number of attributes with optional values has been reduced;
*	I know that Hatem and his team have a number of issues that they
want to bring up (Hatem: could you please make that list available to the
mailing list? Thanks much!)

Please let me know if there are any issues that I have missed, or if there
are new ones that you have thought about. It is important that our feedback
gets communicated to the various working groups. So far, comments seem to
pertain to TR&P. Are there any other groups that we have feedback for? TP?
Reg/Rep? ...

Thanks.

-Philippe
Philippe De Smedt