Subject: POC Conf. Call - 1/11/01 @ 9 a.m. PST

Dear POCers,

I have included the agenda for tomorrow's meeting at the end of this e-mail
and the call details are also included. For the benefit of some of the
newer participants in the POC I thought I should clarify our original
mission in this WG. I am not in the least bit opposed to changing the
mission but I think *this* WG should at least have a chance to discuss and
agree on any potential changes.

The goal of the POC from the outset has been to focus on the ebXML
specifications and to identify the most stable portions of the
specifications as candidates for implementations within a POC context. Any
such implementations would need to be cast into a framework that would be
relevant to the broader community. I think we have come a long way since
Brussels and it's important that we stay in sync and collectively agree to
the direction we are heading. There is a great deal of work ahead of us and
we need to be clear about the criteria we plan to use for declaring
victory. So in a nut shell and as far as I'm concerned (and others may
disagree), the POC is all about the ebXML specifications. We owe it to the
relevant WGs to provide concrete and formal feedback. This feedback is key
to getting the specs to a point where they can be broadly implemented.

Having said all of this, I'm supportive of what Sid and Mark H. have been
doing with respect to Vancouver and Geneva/?? planning. Using Vancouver as
a stepping stone for Geneva/?? and beyond is a sound move and will allow
the POC WG to thoroughly digest the specs.

- The f2f meeting scheduled for the end of January in the Bay Area has now
been folded into the Vancouver meeting

- There will not be a POC demonstration in Vancouver; subsequently, the
proposals submitted will be formally and collectively reviewed in Vancouver

- There will be a POC working group meeting during Vancouver for members to
work on systems tests and for members to work with the other ebXML working
groups (TR&P, RR, TP, BP/CC) to solidify the specifications

- There will be separate planning meetings in Vancouver to discuss upcoming
events beyond Vancouver

Regards,
Nick

AUDIO ACCESS INFORMATION: