Subject: RE: no synch vs asynch indicator in CPP/CPA

There is something that plays (in my mind) against the idea that sync/async
would be a BP matter.

Perhaps I am wrong, but if by "BP" we mean the modelling of a given exchange
(business process), I would be surprised that business analysts (which, in
my mind, are the ones who actually define business processes) would really
care about sync or async. Furthermore, seems to me that the discussion that
went on in this thread assumes that the BP modeller would actually know the
implementation technology. Wouldn't this be "against" the rules of
reusability?

I am not sure completely, but I am tempted to think that the issue of
sync/async is just an "accident" of implementation, i.e. it is something
that gets into the picture at the time the CPP is actually created.
Something like:
	- do you have a browser? Well, you should use this and that...
	- do you have something different? Well, in this case you can use something
else.
But always to carry out the same business exchanges.

If the BP "assumes" (could it prescribe something like this??) that the
exchange is "almosty real time, then it will be up to the parties to try to
use the best technology to fit this requirement, it cannot be imposed by the
BP. So, if I only have SMTP, I could try to arrive as close as I can to the
"real time" but I know that I will never arrive; nonetheless, if I find a
partner who is happy with that, I am ok.

This mirrors in some way a similar thread on multi-hop from the TRP. If the
only mean I have is HTTP and a Browser, I would never be able to receive
multiple acks for the same request, unless I find an escape somewhere. But
if the two partners agree on "cutting" some part, why not?

Does this make sense? As said, it is more a brainstorm rather than a final
opinion.

/stefano