Subject: RE: Trading Partner Logical Identification based on EDIFACT or X12qualifiers

David,

We must be practical here, do you really expect Amazon to query a ebXML
repository for information, I don't think this is practical. The repository
MUST be an OPTIONAL part of an ebXML transaction exchange, do we agree? I
really don't expect Amazon or any other interactive site to change their
existing systems/databases/repositories to adhere to ebXML's regrep API.

Regarding your question:
> Have Microsoft said anything about, or have
> they been
> asked about, supporting ebXML interchange headers in BizTalk BTW?
>
> I'm sure I'll get a chance to ask them at XMLWorld in Boston next
> month....

I've had numerous conversations with Satish Thatte, Microsoft's BizTalk
Framework 2 architect about the possible ways BizTalk and ebXML might work
together. I expect to have more news on this front after the W3C XML
Protocols activity begins.

Dick Brooks
Group 8760
110 12th Street North
Birmingham, AL 35203
dick@8760.com
205-250-8053
Fax: 205-250-8057
http://www.8760.com/

InsideAgent - Empowering e-commerce solutions