Subject: [Fwd: Re: on the issue of PartyId]

Don't think this got posted to the list.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: on the issue of PartyId
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:34:10 -0400
From: "Martin W Sachs/Watson/IBM" <mwsachs@us.ibm.com>
To: Christopher Ferris <chris.ferris@east.sun.com>

I agree with the comments on the TPA, on permitting parties to agree on
non-standard code sets,  and on the last paragraph regarding the MS
specifying code sets only as examples.

I note that logging does not appear to be within the TRP scope but I think
that we all are beginning to recognize that a real implementation will
include additional critical services in the middleware (that which some of
us have been calling the application services layer).  See the list of BPF
services on one of the charts in my San Jose presentation.

Regards,
Marty

Martin W. Sachs
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center