Subject: RE: [Fwd: RE: on the issue of PartyId]

Scott

You make a good point. By not limiting the value that can go in "type" you
do get more flexibility ... how then about the following as a definition ...

===============
<!ELEMENT PartyId (#PCDATA)>
<!ATTLIST PartyId
	Type CDATA IMPLIED>

The content of the PartyId element identifies a Party.

If the Type attribute is present, then it indicates that the parties that
are sending and receiving the message know, by some other means, how to
interpret the content of the PartyId element. The two parties MAY use the
value of the Type attribute to assist in the interpretation.

If the Type attribute is not present, the content of the PartyId element
MUST be a URI [RFC 2396], otherwise there is an error.

===============

Is this OK?

From: Scott Hinkelman/Austin/IBM [mailto:srh@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2000 8:19 AM
To: Burdett, David
Cc: 'Henry Lowe'; ebxml transport

David,
I disagree.

If we can indicate by type not being there to mean partyid is a URI, URI
advocates
should be happy. But why not let the application decide both values if the
attribute is there? Why impose that restriction?

Scott Hinkelman
Senior Software Engineer, IBM Austin
Emerging Technologies, SWG
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-940-0519)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

"Burdett, David" <david.burdett@commerceone.com> on 09/21/2000 07:35:14 PM