Subject: Re: Transport and packaging security standards?

The security section of the ebXML Message Service specification has been
significantly revised. All are encouraged to review and provide
feedback to the draft ebXML Message Service Specification - version 0.92
that will be published to the ebxml-transport list no later than Monday.

This draft is the culmination of the efforts of the London face2face
meetings held this week. It incorporates the changes that have been
agreed in the con-calls (the list of issues against v0.8) as well
as some team edits made during the face2face as we reviewed each section.

The security section reflects the decisions made to support XMLDSIG
and adds the security profiles that have been discussed in the ta-security
and transport lists.

"Parnell, Scott" wrote:

> I found this quote apparently originating from Dick Brooks:
>
> >- The ebXML packaging spec references S/MIME (RFC 2633) and PGP/MIME (RFC
> >2015) standards for encryption and digital signature and the ebXML header
> >spec references XML Dsig for more granular signature requirements than
> >provided by RFC 2633 and RFC 2015;
>
> at: http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-awareness/200007/msg00010.html
>
> but when I couldn't find any reference to specific security mechanisms in
> the 0.8 release of the Transport, Routing, and Packaging spec. The closest
> reference I could find was to a document titled "ebXML Message Services
> Security Specification." and a comment that it is under development If this
> is where it will be defined, is there any outlook on when this document will
> be publically available?
>
> Regards,
> Scott
begin:vcard
n:Ferris;Christopher
tel;cell:508-667-0402
tel;work:781-442-3063
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Sun Microsystems, Inc;XTC Advanced Development
adr:;;One Network Drive;Burlington;Ma;01803-0903;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:chris.ferris@east.sun.com
title:Senior Staff Engineer
fn:Christopher Ferris