Subject: RE: cpp's description of a partyid... this will work for us in tr p...i believe

I think this definition for PartyId is fine except that the examples are
wrong. Specifically, as the content of PartyId is a URN it is already a URI,
so you don't need to specify a  type.

I would suggest the following four examples:

  <PartyId>urn:duns.com:duns:1234567890123</PartyId>
  <PartyId>urn:www.example.com</PartyId>
  <PartyId
type="http://example.com/mySupplierNumberingScheme">29fja03jsd1qk</PartyId>
  <PartyId type="myPartyType">abcd1038s0ds</PartyId>

... and add the following explanation ...

The third example illustrates an example where the one of the partis has
defined its own numbering scheme.
The fourth example, illustrates a PartyId where the From and To Party have
mutually agreed the meaning of the value in type.
We have also been through this last September 21-24th. Try following the
**thread** starting at this URL ...
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-transport/200009/msg00214.html
... and ending at this email from Scott Hinkleman ...
http://lists.ebxml.org/archives/ebxml-transport/200009/msg00273.html

In his email Scott said ...

>>>I am sensing from the conversation that we have established agreement at
this level, which is my main concern. Is this true?<<<

Nobody replied to say no. Is this agreement?