Subject: Re: What do people really expect from ebXML? - the Vision "thing"

Since William is fairly free in quoting me, I would like to clarify my
comments a bit.  I *do* believe that the best chance for continuing the CC
work of ebXML is in the joint EWG/X12 collaboration.  I also believe that
collaboration to be the best candidate, at present, for producing the
standard messages that Mr. Lyons seeks.  However, this is probably yet
another issue of semantics, but I don't see that work effort as a *direct*
successor to ebXML.  Also, the ebXML sponsors have still not announced their
proposals what comes after Vienna.  Given that, and attempting to be
realistic about the ways of the world, I think it is unknown whether or not
the environment after Vienna will be one in which the EWG/X12 collaboration
will prosper.  I am hopeful in that regard, but I'm going to wait and see.

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com